Your next summer barbecue guests will thank you for serving up this savory and sweet summery pistachio dip!
Grab your cream cheese, grab your favorite jam, grab your pistachios because this is a summer dip for the win.
Ihail from the great state of Michigan and it’s basically a religion here to go “up north” multiple times per year. I’ve lived here all my life and only made it up north for the first time a few summers ago and I can totally understand why the “Michigan religion” exists – up north in MI is everything you thought it would be: quiet, sleepy and filled with wine & chocolate. I’ve never felt a huge connection to MI – my family isn’t from here and I consider myself to be a city person rather than a small town person. But, there is something to be said for the magic that is a warm summer night in northern Michigan.
Last summer I made my second trip to Holland, which is on the western side of Michigan, about halfway up the state. It was during their annual tulip festival and while I don’t have a ton of happy memories of that trip (for various reasons), I did come out with one good thing: and that was this dip that someone showed me how to make at a late night outdoor barbecue. They were complete strangers to me and still are, but the food that we shared will always be in my recipe box.
They were complete strangers to me but the food that we shared will always be in my recipe box.
This is a simple dip but they flavor combination is incredible. I challenge you to make this pistachio dip and be able to keep yourself from eating it all on your patio in one sitting!
Pistachio and Jam Dip
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese*
- 1 1/2 cups shelled pistachios
- 1 1/2 cups jam: raspberry or jalapeno cherry are good options
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Spread softened cream cheese at the bottom of your serving tray.
- Spread jam lightly on top of cream cheese.
- Put shelled pistachios in a bag and use the bottom of a round measuring cup to crush them into little pieces.
- Spread pistachio bits on top and serve.